The Uckfield Rover
The Uckfeld ROVER is a responsive community bus service for anyone who has difficulty using scheduled bus services and who lives in and around Uckfeld town centre, Ridgewood, West Park, Manor Park and Ringles Cross.
The service operates Monday to Thursday (excluding bank holidays) between 9.50 am and 2.10pm.
We can take you around Uckfeld town centre, Ridgewood, West Park, Manor Park and Ringles Cross and includes journeys to both the railway and bus stations to help you make connections for onward journeys.
Wheelchair access is available on ROVER services.
You need to register as a user of the ROVER Travel Club before you can book a journey. Joining the Rover Travel Club is free.
You qualify for membership (which is free of charge) if you fulfil one of the following conditions:
- You live in Uckfeld town centre, Ridgewood, West Park, Manor Park or Ringles Cross area
- You either hold or would qualify for a Countycard concessionary pass
- You have any form of mobility difficulty that prevents you using other local bus services.
Booking your ROVER journey couldn’t be easier:
- Call 01273 517332 and speak to an operator at least one hour before you wish to travel. (You can book up to a week in advance). We are open Mondays – Fridays between 8am to 4pm
- Tell us where you are, where you want to go and what time you want to travel.
- We will advise you of the nearest pick up point and suggest the best time to be there.
- Pay the driver when you board the Uckfeld ROVER.
You can become a member by completing the on-line form. Membership is free of charge.
If you need any help or would like to receive a form by post please contact us on (01273) 517332.